We are excited to announce a new update that will increase the ease of use on the device for both employees and portal users.
In the past admin users that wanted to perform any function on the devices needed an employee wristband. Now every admin can assign their own tag and perform any function on the device. To get started follow these steps:
- On the device login screen enter your email address and password
- The new login screen with all the modules will appear
- Notice that when a user signs in on the device, the toolbar at the top will be a light green color
- Click on the NFC icon in the upper right corner
- Scan your own tag
Employees can now switch between different roles on the fly without logging out of the device. Admins still have control over which roles employees can access. To try out the new functionality follow these steps:
- Tap an already assigned employee tag to the back of the device
- Make sure the employee does have access to a role that can log into the device eg. Foreman
- The new login screen with all the modules the employee has access to will appear
- Note that when an employee signs in on the device the toolbar at the top will be a dark green color
- Employee name, number and team will appear in the toolbar
- Select the specific module to log in
- Once logged in, press back or the green Agrigistics icon in the top left corner of the screen
- The new login screen will appear once again but with the current module highlighted in green
- Select any other module to continue
Previously when Foreman and Packhouse Supervisors accessed the global clocking screen in the top toolbar they were able to return just by clicking on the back button. Now when they click on the clock icon their role will change to “Time & Attendance”. If they want to return to packing or harvesting they need to select their role when the new login screen appears.
In the following video is a demonstration of the new functionality. The example is a foreman which is currently on the area navigation screen. If he clicks on the clock icon at the top he can clock in employees. If he wants to return to the area navigation screen he needs to select “Foreman” on the new login screen.